Sunday, July 27, 2014

Letters to Anita : Letter 4 continues....



Dear Anita,
             
              My heart aches. My heart aches so much that I feel that I should squeeze the life out of it. But then again, it’s your heart that’s beating inside me. Don’t you feel anything at all? Don’t you remember anything? Don’t you care at all?
             
              My friends say love hurts. Stay away. I try to stay away from your thoughts. But loneliness fogs my heart like a winter dawn. It is that loneliness that hurts me. I am not telling you that I love you. I mean it. It is something beyond my control. Your silence is the tombstone of my love for you and it tears me apart.

            One day I have to wake up. I have to wake up from dream, from my hope. I cannot take it anymore. Once I had a shoulder to lean on and bury my sorrow. But now there rests a head which is not mine. I cannot bear to see this. I want this to end. So I will not bother you anymore. You will never know what it is like to be me.

Yours Always.

P.S. – Please at least meet me for one last time.

His hands holding the letter were trembling with anger and yet a hint of guilt trickled out of his mind into his heart. It was enough to soften his heart. But this has to end anyway. There’s no harm in meeting her. She must have read the letter by now.

No comments: