Friday, October 1, 2010

Reflections

So....few days back I happen to stare upon a beautiful girl. She was laughing and dancing, swinging the swings and God knows what she was doing. She was around five I guess with no damn care in her life. And this is true for her friends too. So, what I was staring at? After much thought for a few days I realized that I was actually looking at her innocence. Now, why on earth I will even think of such a thing. Then I thought, that man, as a human, will always think of something that he has lost.
         This singularity of idea drove to another milestone in my life. I suddenly realized a decade has passed. You must be perplexed? What the heck is he talking about?, must be your thought. Say it coincidence or no matter what, about ten years back when I was about to exit my teens, I did happen to ponder then that what will happen to me ten years from now? Where will I be? What will I do? Or what will become of me? These curious questions came in my mind. And so it has now, this is what has triggered the thought. I think these questions were, are, pretty innocent.
          A decade has passed since these questions. And as I look behind for the roads I left behind, I must admit that it has been pretty eventful ten years. So much so that I can write a novel. No, not just my life, but about people I know, I knew.  There has been times when others old like me did what they were supposed to do at their age. I happen to do something else. I did not care then and do not care now. But there are few things you always think about. No matter how much you want. Things which were indeed stupid to do, and probably brings smile to your face now, things you regret, feel guilty about it or may  be, makes you sad. Those were not stupid things, but your innocence. I believe that innocence always stays there with you. Its just the dust and grime of life that buries it.
          Its those questions. Those are pretty innocent questions. In those questions lies the innocence. A mammoth ten year projection, never thinking what it is or what it will be. Just this thought is innocent enough. You smile. You laugh. Whats there in a smile? I believe its innocence. That why it looks and feels so good. Its the child inside you that tries to capture your mind and sometimes comes out in the open.
By now probably I have bored you enough. You see I did not want to its just that the child inside wanted to do something stupid. This is it. :))

3 comments:

Voice said...

Innocent Post

Unknown said...

each day has a new begining because the day before ended...questions change, parameters change, feelings change, ideas change, u change, i change, we change....wot remains wid us is our wish to be wot we want to be...and that we never attain...so its impt to slow down and relax and realise the impt of each moment..then its like we live our life the most truely and innocently to make each momenet the best moment...and hence nt to change our at all but to be a child who smiles thru the moments of time endlessly and cries only to fulfill its demamnd uptill requried and smiles back again...and lost in to thought of oblivioun....iteelect is miles away from the system!!!!...god who can make sense out of my words....but its an amazing feeling...

P.M. said...

how true....